It’s week 3(?) of quarantine and we’re all going a little stir crazy. Being in one place for several days without a change of scenery can literally make you lose your mind, so our SA Social team has come up with a few tips on how to STAY SANE!
- Designate YOUR area: Whether you live alone or your 5 kids are home from school, make sure you each have a designated area where you do work or school. If you work from your bedroom, set up shop at a desk rather than your bed. If you’re attending online school from your living room, invest in some sound canceling headphone and let everyone know you need the space for the hour. Set boundaries and guidelines for your space!
- Redecorate: Rearrange a space with what you already have! Move the couch to the other side of the room, shuffle your chairs around and reorganize your shelves. If you change up the living room you’ve been staring at for three weeks, it will feel new and fresh.
- Stay Connected: Reach out to friends and family. There are countless ways to virtually hangout with people nowadays, let’s take advantage of them! Facetime, Zoom, Google Hang, or even picking up the phone to call are all ways we can catch up with people we haven’t talked to in awhile because of our busy schedule (tbt). House Party is another entertaining way to chat with groups – you can talk face to face while playing games like trivia, chips and guac (their version of Cards Against Humanity), and more!
- Me Time: Don’t forget to take care of yourself both physically and mentally during this time! Taking some time each day to be alone is vital for your sanity. One of our favorite me-time activities is drawing a bath, overflowing it with bubbles, lighting an obnoxious amount of candles, and reading a book.
- Speak Positively: I know, I know…our negativity cup overfloweth at the moment, but that is why this could be the most important tip of all. Did you know that everything you say out loud that is negative has a 10-time affect on your body, while everything you say that is positive only has a 4 or 5-time affect on your body? It is SO important to speak positivity over yourself and your loved ones. Reflect on the time you’re getting to spend with your family, embrace the stillness we so often forget we need, step outside and breath in the fresh air that’s pollution is at an all-time low, reconnect with friends or family members you haven’t talked to in a while, and check out these 14 good things that are happening in the world right now!