Memorial Day Backyard Bash!
Our Memorial Day might not look like what we had in mind, but we can still make THE BEST out of it! The team at Sara Walker Events has come up with a few fun ideas for a backyard bash. Invite your besties over, eat, drink, and enjoy the long weekend!
- Don Strange Catering has come to the rescue, yet again, with their Memorial Day meal delivery that serves up to10 people. You have the choice of the BBQ Smoke Out or the Parrillada Mexicana. To place your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
BBQ Smoke Out: Smoked brisket, a quarter of BBQ chicken, deviled egg potato salad, borracho beans, vinaigrette cole slaw, cornbread muffins, and peach cobbler!
Serves 4: $59.00
Serves 10: $165.00
Parrillada Mexicana: A combination of grilled marinated beef steak for street tacos, chicken al pastor, pork asada, sausage, grilled peppers, onions, squash, tomatoes, pineapple, jalapenos, spanish rice, street corn salad, borracho beans, salsa rojo, chimichurri salsa, corn and flour tortillas, and churros with chocolate sauce!
Serves 10: $175.00
Town and Country magazine shares plenty of delicious Memorial Day cocktails, but our fave is the Backyard Lemonade! Refreshing, simple, pretty, and fitting to the occasion.
1.5 oz gin
.75 oz fresh lemon juice
.75 oz sherry
.5 oz simple syrup
2-5 halved strawberries
5-7 mint leaves
Combine gin, lemon juice, sherry, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake, shake, shake! Strain into your glass of choice and garnish with mint and strawberries. Cheers!
For more simple drink ideas, check out our 3-ingredient cocktail recipes here!
- Everyone loves a balloon garland, and you can make it YOURSELF! Order one from Amazon or go buy your favorite balloons and follow this tutorial.
- One of our favorite stores is, believe it or not, the Dollar Tree. This place has everything you need. All the way from festive ribbon and banners, to beautiful glassware and other serving necessities. Check our their Memorial Day goodies! Hang ribbon from the trees, put out red, white and blue napkins and plates, and hand out festive hats and glasses to guests!
- Flowers make everything prettier, so run over to Trader Joes or Central Market and pick up a few bunches of your favorite flowers! We love the fluffy white hydrangea and hot pink or white peonies. Add sprigs of blue floral for a Memorial Day color scheme!
- Music is a must! Make sure you have a speaker that will carry throughout the yard with some of your favorite tunes.
- Yard games are always a good idea. Pick up something like cornhole or horseshoes at your local Walmart curb-side!
The ladies at SWE wish you a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!