It’s been months since we’ve been to a gathering of over 50 people, and our SA Socialites are feeling the itch! Many people want to throw a party, but are fearful of the unknown. The team at SA Social Calendar has teamed up with SWE to give you a few tips and tricks on how to get your social interaction fix while still being mindful of social distancing!
- Two Words – Al Fresco. If you’re planning on having a nice sit-down dinner, people are much more likely to feel comfortable in the open air.
- Guest Count – If you’re hosting an event at a venue, more likely than not you’ll have a specific head count that you have to stick to, but if you’re hosting guests in your backyard you make the rules. We’re finding that the sweet spot is around 30 people.
- No Buffets – If you’re having a more casual event, pre-package your food so that people can grab and go with as little contact as possible. If you’re going for a more elegant feel, hire a waitstaff with servers who can plate and serve the meal to your guests.
- Chair Count – The average chair count per table is 8-10. Give everyone a little more elbow room and drop the chair count to 4-6.
- Custom Masks – We know, a crowd full of mismatched face masks can take your party from glam to glum in a matter of seconds. Get creative!! Pick a theme or pretty table cloth and have masks made to coordinate.
- COVID Card – Include a small card with your invitation explaining the precautions you’re taking to keep everyone safe. This puts guests at ease and shows them you care about everyone’s wellbeing!
We hope we’ll be able to celebrate like we used to soon, but until then we’ll take what we can get! Stay safe and party on.